E-USA LAN Party
Starting on the evening of January 6, 2006 and running through the evening of January 8, 2006, the Esperanto Club of Austin will be hosting a Local Area Network (LAN) party for the purpose of completing the new ELNA website. A group of activists will be meeting in Austin to work on finishing the site, but even if you can't come to Austin, you can join in! Create an account and let us know how you'd like to help, and we can enable you to participate in writing and editing pages.
We have created a chatroom where we can coordinate all our efforts. If you're using Mozilla you can simply follow this URI: irc://irc.freenode.org/esperanto-usa
The URL will also work if you install Chatzilla in Firefox or Netscape. And, of course, you can also use any other IRC client, connecting to irc.freenode.org and joining the #esperanto-usa channel.
Opera contains an IRC client, and is free now too.
- Finish the ELNA website:
- Make sure EVERYTHING (of value) at the old site is available at the new
- Write up the proposed privilege policy: what are the classes of users, how does one become one, and what privileges do you use. Discuss this with Phil Dorcas.
- Write up a FAQ and a How To.
- In particular, write a "How To" for people who really, really are not very experienced at using computers.
- Develop policies for, an example of, and documentation on the use of our Drupal community for free hosting for local clubs.
- Document how to use super-signed letters (done?)
- Do something on behalf of Tejo/Kontakto - this is postponed
- Translate/improve Wikipedia articles --- this will be according to the interest of the participants
- Introduce Steve's idea of automating the production of place-articles based on US census data.
- Some people may wish to join "Team Esperanto" at Project Gutenberg (especially if they feel their skills are not strong enough for translation) and do some proofreading.
- Some people may wish to smooth-read
- Tarzan de la Simioj
by Don Harlow at Rob's wiki.
- Stay loose and brainstorm new ideas that the meeting germinates.
- Evaluate and critique the new website. What barriers to use has it removed? What barriers remain?
- I'm going to hang a white sheet and we may video-record the poetry prezentations that we did in the slam. Additionally, we'll
record everyone saying "Mi parolas Esperanton" as per
Steve's great idea.
- Things to bring
- Airport base-station (Steve)
- CEED if and other bi-directional dictionaries.
- video camera (Steve)
- Hot-tub attire, if desired.
- What else?
- If you would like to create an MP3 of yourself declaiming
a poem, haiku(s), readings, whatever, bring those. We are collecting
This eventhas occured. This node can be removed soon, unless someone wants to comment on this node.